Easter in Chianti : Discover Tuscan traditions!
Easter is the perfect time to take a short holiday! It is also an opportunity to discover some of the many traditions of Tuscany and Chianti: chocolate eggs. of course, but also the tradition of the "Colombina", which goes back to the Crusades :a wooden dove, propelled by a rocket, slides along a cable, lights a bunch of fireworks on its way … and must must get back to its starting point in order to bring prosperity to the city. This event is held in many Tuscan cities, particularly in Greve in Chianti, Montefioralle and Panzano. In addition, there are the culinary traditions: on the Easter table we find the typical dishes, especially roasted lamb and the "Colomba" cake.
4 days for 2 persons !!
We propose you to celebrate Easter at Villa Barone and our special offer includes:
• Traditional Tuscan dinners including 'antipasti' buffet, 3 main courses (Roasted lamb on Easter day), cheese buffet and dessert ('Colomba' cake being one of the desserts).
• A bottle of "Prosecco" (Italian champagne) and fresh flowers in your room upon arrival
• Breakfast buffet and chocolate Easter egg
• For younger children, Easter egg hunt in the garden
• 'A document providing all information on events near Villa Barone (launch of the "Colombina", Greve flea market on Easter Monday, diverse markets, exhibitions ...) and detailed route suggestions for exploring Chianti “outside of the beaten tracks”.
• Gift of "a Farm in Chianti", a book by Maria Bianca Viviani Della Robbia, which tells the story the Villa Barone before its transformation into a hotel,